PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES.
NO PAYMENT OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN.
PAYMENT OR PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
2. Who Can Enter. The Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who, as of the date of entry, are legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding Puerto Rico) and at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their partners, suppliers, or advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies are not eligible to enter or win, nor are their immediate family members or members of their household. “Immediate family members” means parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. “Household members” means people who share the same residence at least three months a year.
3. How To Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on 5/1/12 and ends at 11:59 a.m. PT on 5/11/12 (the “Deadline”). For a valid entry, you must go to the Shine.Yahoo.com website, the Catalog Spree iPad app or other Catalog Spree websites and fill out the online entry form. Each Entrant must include something they might buy from Shop.CatalogSpree.com. Entrant must Each Entrant may enter only once. Entrants are not required to make any purchases from Sponsor or pay any fees to Sponsor to participate in the Sweepstakes.
5. Selection of Winner: $1000 MOTHER’S DAY SPREE (“Winner”) will be selected by random drawing by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning the prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize: Winner will receive a $1000 in Gift Cards for any Catalog(s) on Catalog Spree.
7. Prize Terms: All prize values are stated in United States dollars. If a stated prize is unavailable, Sponsor has the right to substitute one or more items of equal or greater value, in its sole and absolute discretion. No prize is exchangeable, transferrable, or redeemable for cash. The Winner(s) are solely responsible for complying with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, local or other statutes, regulations, and other laws and for bearing any personal income, VAT, withholding taxes, customs duties, or other taxes, fees, insurance, surcharges or other costs relating to any prize. Gift card terms, conditions and limitations are set by the retailer or by applicable law and are not the responsibility of Sponsor. Gift cards may be subject to dormancy fees, state unclaimed property laws, and may not be valid for all goods or services or in all locations. Items purchased with gift cards will be subject to the retailer’s return and other policies. THE PRIZE(S), AND ANY ITEMS PURCHASED WITH THE PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS CATALOG RETAILERS DO NOT MAKE, AND EACH OF THEM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
8. Award of Prize: The Winner(s) will be selected on or about 5/12/2012 and notified by email within fourteen (14) days of selection. The Winner(s) will be announced on Sponsor’s Facebook page or the Sponsor Site and, at Sponsor’s option, other means selected by Sponsor. The Winner(s) must provide full mailing address information to Sponsor for the purpose of receiving the prize. The Winner(s) may also be required to sign and return, when requested, an affidavit of eligibility and/or publicity and/or liability release form, to the extent not prohibited by law, prior to receipt of a prize. The Winner(s) must take possession of the prize as directed by Sponsor. The Winner(s) may be required to provide Sponsor with his or her social security or taxpayer identification number for tax purposes. The Winner(s) may also be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. An “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses to the domain associated with the email address. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. Failure to respond to the Winner announcement or return any required declarations or releases within seven (7) days (or any longer time specified by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or to comply with any of the foregoing, may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner.
9. Representations: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant represents and warrants that: (a) the Entrant meets all eligibility requirements of the Sweepstakes; (b) in entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant has complied with and will comply in all respects with these Rules and all applicable statutes, regulations and other laws; and (c) the information provided in the Entrant’s entry, including without limitation all contact information, is true, accurate and complete in all respects. Entrant understands that he or she is a volunteer only and is not, and shall not become through participation in the Sweepstakes, an employee, agent, partner, joint venturer or franchisee of Sponsor.
10. Release: To the maximum extent permitted by law, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates and catalog retailers, the prize manufacturers or suppliers, any other entities involved in the administration of the Sweepstakes, each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (the “Sponsor Parties”) from any and all responsibility, liability, damages (including without limitation direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive, statutory and other damages), losses, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to: (a) the Sweepstakes and the Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) any violation by the Entrant of these Rules or applicable laws; (c) the acceptance, possession, receipt, or use of any prize or any item purchased with any prize; (d) any entries that have been tampered with or that are misdirected, incomplete, non-conforming, corrupt, lost, late, or ineligible; (e) any problems or technical malfunctions (including but not limited to errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operation or transmission) of any computer, telephone, modem, cable, satellite, network, hardware, online system, server, software, or other equipment or provider, including any incorrect, incomplete, garbled or jumbled information resulting therefrom; (f) any Internet traffic congestion or website accessibility or delays; (g) printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or (h) any other technical or human error that may occur in connection with the Sweepstakes (the “Causes”). If anyone makes any claim against any of the Sponsor Parties arising out of or relating to any of the Causes attributable to the Entrant, the Entrant will pay for any damages, losses, liabilities, costs, penalties, and expenses, including without limitation attorneys’ and experts’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with such claim. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE SPONSOR PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN STATUTE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED.
11. Termination: The Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion, including without limitation in the event of fraud, abuse, tampering, or technical, administrative, financial or other difficulties. Should the Sweepstakes terminate prior to selection of the Winner(s), notice will be given on the Sponsor Site, and Sponsor will award the prize(s) to Winner(s) randomly chosen from all eligible entries received as of the date of termination of the Sweepstakes.
13. Miscellaneous: Any legal claim by an Entrant arising out of or relating to these Rules, the Sweepstakes, or any prize must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California and must be brought individually, without resort to any form of class action. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant submits to the jurisdiction of those courts and waives any objection to those courts, whether on the basis of jurisdiction, venue, inconvenience of the forum, or otherwise. If any part of these Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such part will be modified by such court to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable while preserving to the maximum extent possible the original intent of Sponsor, and the remaining parts of these Rules will remain in full force and effect. Nothing contained herein or in any of the Sweepstakes-related materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor of any third party, product or service.
14. Sponsor: Padopolis, Inc., 4962 El Camino Real, Suite 218, Los Altos, CA 94022-1455. Except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules, Catalog Spree’s affiliates and catalog retailers are neither sponsors of nor participants in this Sweepstakes. Facebook is not a sponsor of or participant in this Sweepstakes.
15. For Winner’s List: Name of Winner(s) will be available Facebook.com/CatalogSpree after 5/11/2012 and may also be obtained after that date by mailing a written request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: Padopolis, attn: Catalog Spree $1000 MOTHER’S DAY SPREE Sweepstakes Winners, 4962 El Camino Real, Suite 218, Los Altos, CA 94022-1455. Requests must be received by Padopolis no later than 6/25/2012.